Waxing can leave the skin vulnerable and sensitive, so it's important to take care of your skin before and after your appointment. Sweet Honey Brazilian Wax provides a list of waxing do's and don'ts that will help give you the best results.
Before your waxing appointment
If you've never been waxed before, and even if you have, here are a few things to consider before your appointment:
- If you have been shaving, you must let your hair grow out for at least two weeks.
- Gently exfoliate the skin prior to waxing to loosen the hair follicles.
- Do not use any products containing retinoids, glycolic acids or salicylic acids on the area you wish to get waxed for at least seven days prior to waxing.
- If you have been taking Accutane, you must stop use for at least 6 months before getting a wax.
- If you have had a chemical peel, you must wait 4 weeks before getting a wax.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or tanning for a few days prior to waxing.
- If you're waxing for a special event, try coming in 2 to 3 days prior.
- Keep the area being waxed free of any lotion or oil.
Please let us know if you have experienced any difficulties with waxing before. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
After your waxing appointment
Your skin may be sensitive, so it's best to let your hair follicles heal and avoid touching the area, wearing tight clothing or exercising. You should also avoid exposure to the sun, hot tubs, saunas or pools. Your hair follicles are open and may be vulnerable to bacteria.
Using heavy creams, perfumes or lotions may cause ingrown hairs. And be sure to exfoliate the area 48 hours after a wax to help prevent ingrown hairs.
to learn more about the do's and don'ts of pre- and post-waxing skin care.